Take a chance to visit the sights where dramatic actions in 1986 took place: Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant and abandoned since that time ghost-city of Pripyat. You will drive through the checkpoint of the 30-km Chornobyl Exclusion Zone, visit city of Chornobyl where a few of Power Plant staff still lives, see the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant and the sarcophagus above the IV reactor that exploded on the April 26, 1986. Next stop is ghost-city Pripyat, back in the days in was a crowded and innovative city with the population up to 50 thousand people before exclusion. It consist of several blocks, with one of the first supermarkets in USSR, ferris wheal, and other places, that more than 30 years were abandoned forever.
Moreover, one more extremely valuable and interesting spot is inside the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone: the Duga, secret soviet "over-the-horizon" radar that impresses with its giant size. It was called "Russian Woodpecker" as Duga could be heard in all the radiostations Worldwide. You will visit Duga, and as its location is in Exclusion Zone, it still is looking the same as in 1980s, when it was built.
2019 year Emmy-award winning TV-series showed all the dramatic actions very accurate to the real life and you will have an opportunity to see it with your own eyes!
- 08:00 | departure from Kyiv city center
- 10:00 | arriving to Chornobyl Exclusion Zone checkpoint
- 11:00 | city of Chornobyl, memorial of the Heroes of Exlposion Consequences Liquidators
- 12:30 | Chornobyl Nuclear Plant and sarcophagus above the IV reactor
- 14:00 | city of Pripyat walking tour
- 16:30 | Duga secret radar
- 17:30 | departure back to Kyiv
- 20:00 | arrival to Kyiv city center
- Comfortable transportation from Kyiv and back
- Local Pro Guide which huge experience of working in Exclusion Zone
- All the admissions, permits and taxes
- Morning coffee
- Lunchbox to have lunch during the tour
- Bottle of still water
- The guided tour route guarantees safety and zero-radiation level. You must strictly follow the Guide instructions.
- There are no good cafes and restaurants during the tour, so we prepare lunchboxes. Please tell us about it before the date of the tour.
Have an awesome time in your Travel to Ukraine!