Prince Trubetskoy, landlord of huge territories in Kherson Province in late XIX - XX centuries, was that kind of passionate people that has a dream. His dream sounded like totally impossible mission: conquer France and French people with his own wine. With the help of Lev Holycyn, who founded famous wineries in Crimea, Prince Trubetskoy started his winery on the bank of river Dnipro in 1896. After several tries, in 1900 wines, produced by Trubetskoy, were awarded Grand-prix on the International exhibition in Paris! That was unbelievable success for the whole wine industry of Eastern Europe.
Nowadays Prince Trubetskoy Winery is a boutique winery that produces 14 types of sophisticated wines. Red wines, White and Sparkling wines - all wine lovers find something special for them. With our tour you will be able to walk through the old building and wine cellars, that are more than 100 years old, learn a lot about the history of wine production of the region and about the history of the whole Kherson Province, and, of course, taste the best wines that are manufactured right in the winery.
- 10:00 | meeting in Kherson City Center
- 11:00 | arrival to Prince Trubetskoy Winery
- 11:30 | guided tour starts
- 13:00 | dinner and wine tasting
- 15:00 | departure back to Kherson
- 16:00 | arrival back to Kherson
- Comfortable transportation during the tour
- Local Pro Guide
- Wine tasting at Prince Trubetskoy Winery
- Morning Coffee
- Bottle of still water
- Guided tour in Prince Trubetskoy Winery is walking tour so the comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
- Start of the Tour may be adjusted by your request but not too much as we depend on Winery Tour schedule.
Have a great time in your Travel to Ukraine!